We went to Malacca two weeks ago and I really love the place. Unfortunately, we were only there for a few hours so, we were not able to see and do a lot of things.
Here are just photos of the interesting places we’ve seen.
1) Port A Famosa – The Port A Famosa ( translated as Famous in English) is a fortress built by the Portuguese. This port now stands as one of the oldest surviving European architectural remains in Asia.
2) Jonker Street– This street is famous for it’s antique goods and a good place to buy souvenirs too. It is on this street where we found a Chinese Restaurant that serves delicious Chicksen Rice Balls.
3) Stadhuy’s Building – Constructed in 1650 as the residence of the Dutch Governor and his deputy, the structure reflects Dutch architecture. It is today the “Museum of History and Ethnography”
4) Christ Church – This was constructed in 1753, the structure reflects original Dutch architecture. The building houses hand-crafted church benches, jointless ceiling skylights, a replica of the last supper, a headstone in Armenian language, A copper replica of the Bible. It’s just too bad that we can’t take photos inside the church.
5) Maritime Museum – A beautiful Portugues galleon ship which is also a Maritime Museum.
Aside from these photos, there are stilla number of interesting places to see in Malacca. It’s a pity that we didn’t really have enough time to go around. I’ll post the other must see places that we would love to see for our next visit.