Cagayan de Oro City which is located at Northern Mindanao is a booming city. Development of the city is very visible as more business establishments are being built. As a result, this has become a shopping center for people from other cities like Iligan City, Marawi, Valecia, Malaybalay among other neighboring places.
1) Lim Ket Kai Mall – Located at Barangay Lapasan this mall has a lot of branded shops like Original Levi’s Store, Plains and Prints; food outlets like McDonald’s, Red Ribbon, Shakey’s Pizza and etc. This Mall is still undergoing expansion and there are still a lot of spaces unoccupied.
2) Robinson’s Department Store – With their building connected and adjacent with Lim Ket Kai Mall, it has easy access and convenient for shopping.
3) SM Cagayan de Oro – This is the first shopping mall one sees after arriving the Cagayan de Oro Airport. Just like other SM Malls all over the Philippines, it has a variety of shopping options, food shops and movie houses.
4) Gaisano City Mall – Located at Claro M. Recto Ave. It has a department store that’s known to have items that has great, bargain prices. It also has smaller branches at Cogon and Carmen.
5) Ororama Supercenter– Located near the Cogon area. This used to be one of the earliest superstores in the City. Though a bit cramp and messy, this is still a common place to shop for most Cagay-anons because of its location.
6) Night Cafe– Every weekend ( Firday and Saturday) nights, food stalls and small shops are set up on the streets of Divisoria. This is a common destination of the youths, yuppies and families to get together, hear some great music, eat delicious seafood and barbecue and shop through some second hand items.
For those who are into second hand clothes, bags, shoes and other etc, great places to buy these items will be in Agora Market and Cogon Area. If you’re looking for DVDs and cheap China made Cellphones, Divisoria and Cogon Area are also the place. There are also cheap Taiwan made clothes, shoes and accessories in the Cogon area too.