Things You Need to Know When You Go to Camiguin Island
- One way ferry fare Balingoan- Camiguin Island : 135 per person, 1,000 per car ( plus 2 ferry tickets free )
- Bus ride from Cagayan to Balingoan ( vice versa) : Travel hours: 2 hours ( approx), Fare: 180 Pesos
- Duration of the ferry ride to the Island : 1 hour
- First ferry trip (barge) from Camiguin to Balingoan :4 a.m.
- Last ferry trip (barge) from Camiguin to Balingoan : 6 p.m ( but be aware that the last trip sometimes gets canceled)
- Last ferry trip (barge) from Balingoan to Camiguin : 4 p.m.
- Number of hours it takes to go around the whole island: 2 hours
- Entrance Fees to be paid to enter the resorts : 10- 20 pesos
- Amount to be paid to hire a jeepney ( transport) for the whole day : 800- 1500 pesos
- Things to pack when going to Camiguin: Sun block lotion, hat, swimsuit, mosquito repellant, shades, camera, shorts and swimming gear.
- Good places to stay in Camiguin: Paras Beach Resort, Camiguin Highlands, Paraiso, Bahay Bakasyonan and Enigmata.
- Is there wifi connection in Camiguin? Yes, some resorts and hotels have and a few restaurants too.
- Souvenir items you can buy : Camiguin shirts, caps, Vjandep Pastels, Pinato, Lanzones, personalized bracelets and keychains.
- Amount to be paid when you hire a pump boat to the White Island : 450 pesos
That’s all for now..
note: the prices qouted are correct at the time of posting but it may change depending on the season and economic status of the island.