We had to do our quarterly border run to the Malaysian border ( Padang Besar, Perlis ) yesterday since our 3 month visa has already expired. It’s a good thing that the border is not too far so we can always travel by car and it’s not much of a hassle to go there. So, aside from having our passports chopped, here are some of the things that we can do while we are there.
1) Fill up our tank with petrol. Malaysian price for petrol is way much cheaper than the Thai price ( almost double) so, we get took advantage of this my filling up our tank. But since we are using a Thai car, we can’t really fill up our tanks to the brim since Thai cars are only allowed a maximum of 30 RM worth of petrol. We had to go to 2 petrol stations to get an almost full tank.
2) Buy the products which are cheaper in Malaysia like Dryper’s for our boy, all the 3-in-1 coffee, chocolates, Maggi Curry Noodles and etc.
3) Window Shop at Duty Free Malaysia. Sometimes they have ongoing sale that’s just hard to resist.
4) Call our family in Malaysia.
5) Last but not the least, have a hearty Nasi Kandar meal at the nearest Indian Shop. YUm!!!