Everyone wants to go on a holiday. Who doesn’t? But the real issue when planning for holidays is almost always -the cost. Yes, you want to go out see the world outside the four walls of your office, but you don’t have the money? Here are a few tips on how to go on a holiday with a meager budget whether you’re going for holidays to egypt or even just the next province.
1) Subscribe to alerts and emails from budget airlines. If you are in their mailing list, you’ll be the first to know on their zero fare promotions or free seats promo. Oh, we actually plan our holidays or visit to our home country based on our promo flights.
2) Get free accommodation by staying at your friend’s or relatives house. I know this might not be very common for westerner’s but for Asians this is kinda of a norm. You just have to make sure that you’re also a good guest and not too much of an inconvenience. If you don’t know anyone in the place where you’re going, search for sites that offer free accomodation. I know it’s a bit risky but I’ve also read that many people have positive experiences on this.
3) Choose the nearest place for a holiday. The farther you go, the more you spend. So, why not go to a place , an island or a beach just a few hours from your place where you’ve never been to?
4) Join contests. Oh yeah, I know you would react on this but do you know that we’ve got free hotel vouchers, free flight and holiday package from the contests that I’ve joined? Yes, it’s true and you can try it too.
5) Start saving now! As for me, I try to refrain myself from spending all these little things from clothes to eyelash enhancer since I have a ‘bigger’ goal in mind.
So there they are.. if you have more to add, you can share your ideas too!